Saturday, January 12, 2008

What do you notice?

Allow me to introduce you to a member of my family. Below is a picture of my sister's dog Rope. He was named after a Longhorn bull my grandfather had when we were little. He's never met a piece of food he didn't want to eat or a person he didn't want to meet. He's extremely loveable, that is, unless you're our other dog Bailey. Then he wants to kill you.


But do you see below what a great, well-trained dog he is?





The best part is the trail that follows him. It's as if he doesn't realize that he's peeing. But in his defense, my dad had just given Rope half a beer without my sister knowing. Can you blame a guy for "breaking the seal?"

Sigh...Oh, Rope, you're such a quiet drunk.


4 comments:

Beaman said...

He looks like a drunk Glaswegian.

Sharon Reynolds said...

Ha. He smelled like one too.

I was sitting on the couch and he came up to lick me. I said, "Whoa! What's with the beer breath???"

Then my dad came clean with what he had just given him. ha. It's funny cause I noticed that Rope seemed awfully thirsty.

Beaman said...

I'm thinking of introducing one of my highly-strung cats to sherry or gin, to calm her nerves. Mix it in with a little milk and she'll be cater-whaling the night away.

By the way, only German beer should be given to a tough looking dog like Rope. It'll put hair on his toes.

Beaman said...

By the way, if you're interested, some of my writing is orientated towards dogs. Subject-wise I mean. Although it could be simplified for a canine audience.

Here's a poem and here's a very short story.
I've been told they appeal to dog lovers. :p