Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Dear Sharon...

In response to Beaman's question...

"My very dear friend, Nigel, has troubles finding the right partner. He dislikes
nightclubs and loud places and indeed crowded places of any sort so he is rarely
in a position to meet new personalities. He is a very short chap and rather
overweight which gives him an inferiority complex I think.
What would you
suggest to boost his chances of finding that someone special? "



Hmmmm...I'd say he should get involved in something that interests him where he'd be able to meet new people. For instance, take a class, join an organization, or whatever he could become involved in. There's no reason to be uncomfortable with someone new if you are both in the same situation, pursuing the same goals. And it should preferably be something he thinks he'll excel in--this way, if he isn't generally confident in his physical appearance, he may show confidence in other areas.

I mean, really, I myself have been extremely attracted to a man, and later wondered if he had walked up to me at a club without my knowing his personality would I have talked to him? Not because he's unattractive, but simply because I'm unfamiliar with the person. The best parts of people are not hung on the outside of them. We should wear shirts that express our personalities, don't you think?

"Great sense of humor."

"Honest."

"Great Listener."

"Liar."

"I'll cheat on you."

That would be great! It would save some time. (This is becoming so long I should post it as a blog...(posts blog)...)

Actually, I don't know if you're familiar with the Sims video game. But I always thought that it would be wonderful if every person had a symbol floating above their heads that shows whether or not they're attracted to you--or at least whether or not you'd be a good match.Imagine sitting at a coffee shop by yourself with a trapezoid symbol floating above your head. In walks a stranger of the opposite sex, and he or she has the same shape floating above his or her head! You could just wave at her, she would notice your symbol, grab her coffee and come sit with you. It would eliminate so many games!

Do I live in a fantasy world, or what?

5 comments:

Beaman said...

I neglected to mention he is very quiet and rarely if ever makes a sound of any kind.

I've tried to find classes for him but they all involve certain membership requirements that he just doesn't meet.
I enrolled him into the 'Royal Society for the Protection of Birds' but he was thrown out after a week for an attitude problem.

He keeps himself clean and proper, but he only seems to attract the attention of elderly women.

Yes, the Sims idea would be perfect. :)

Sharon Reynolds said...

Tell him to speak up, then punch him the neck for his bad attitude.

Then tell him to take out a couple of oldies on dates for practice. When he gets comfortable enough, enroll him into the "Royal Society for the Protection of Chicks."

Last but not least, tell him a real man would enroll himself in his own classes. Then punch him in the neck again to show him what a real man is...and because I like using the phrase "punch him in the neck."

Beaman said...

But he isn't a real man. He's a cat. *rolls eyes* Don't you give advice for cats?

http://beamansworld.blogspot.com/2007/05/lord-nigel.html

Sharon Reynolds said...

***light bulb!****

Ooooohhhhh... ha. I can't believe I didn't get that. Now it all makes sense. I was feeling really sorry for this friend of yours.

Yeah, so, definitely don't punch him in the neck then.

Beaman said...

He's the puncher in the family. Especially when hungry or his tail is touched. :p

Now that last part would have sounded strange in an earlier comment.