Wednesday, April 02, 2008

April 2: The Birthday of Champions


Today one of my very best friends Mike turns 28. He's one of the most clever and hilarious people I know. We met in college when living in the same dorm and I remember the day I realized how randomly hilarious he is. When walking through the hall in the dorm I noticed some Garfield comic strips he had posted on the bulletin board. I had to read it over like three times, because Garfield isn't rocket science and I just wasn't getting the joke. Three hours standing in front of the bulletin boards later, I realized that Mike had cut and pasted several comic strips together that were completely unrelated to each other. It went something like this:

Garfield: Where's Odie?

John: Did you eat my lasagna??

Odie: I wish I could talk like Garfield.
Okay so I have no idea what it said, that was like ten years ago, people. Anyways, the point is that I appreciated the random humor and from that point on I thought, 'This kid's alright....this kid's alright." Or maybe I just thought, "ha, that's funny." Either way it was positive and we became the bestest of buds. He cracks me up, never judges me, always helps me through bad times even if he's just there and doesn't even realize I'm having a bad time, and ten years later he's still like a brother to me. So Mike, if you're watching me from up there (horrible joke, he's alive in San Antonio) just know that I love you and I wish you the happiest of cumpleaƱos.

Love,
Chara


No comments: