Thursday, June 11, 2009

Storm

I took this picture tonight right as an intense storm approached and just as that grey cloud was swallowing the sky.



Those clouds moved from the right of the blue-lit building to where it is in the photo in about 15 seconds--or enough time for me scratch my ass while thinking about the difference between "robbing a cradle" and cradling a robber. I've done both and was wondering are those both considered good things or bad things? I mean, robbing a cradle references dating someone much younger--like a Cougar. Which is just fine as long as they're of legal age, I guess. And then cradling a robber could be really good, cause why is someone robbing you in the first place? They obviously are having a bad day and need some crad---OH SHIT! THAT CLOUD IS GOING TO KILL ME!

I ran inside and crawled under my bed where I have been for the last six months, only surviving off of a pop tart and two Peeps left over from Easter I found under here. Which obviously is a lie since that storm happened about two hours ago and 'cause nobody likes Peeps no matter how long you've been hiding under a bed.

Storm's over. Think I'll go out and see if I can seduce a too young, hot robber with my Peeps.

4 comments:

f8hasit said...

Great photo...

It seems that everytime a storm like that rolls up on us, I either. a.) don't have my camera ready or b.) have my hands occupied with stuffing my face with sugared marshmellows.

Love the post!
:-)

C. Alderete said...

That's funny. I saw that same cloud and said, "I wish I had my camera. I would so blog about this." I ended up getting stuffed in the stock room at HEB with a bunch of other frightened and drippy customers.

Sharon Reynolds said...

Well, Crimpkins, that sounds like it'll be a great story to blog about anyway! Feel free to use my photo-- with a photo credit to me of course. ;)

Thanks, f8hasit! Those sugared marshmellows aren't in the shape of tiny chicks are they??

Mi Thoughts said...

That's hilarious. I'm glad I found your site. And...now I know what people in Austin think about to pass the time. We in Sacramento think about how great San Francisco and Tahoe are, and yet Sacramento is so "meh."

Paul
http://mithoughtsnow.blogspot.com/